I’ll be honest, compared to the chocolate and strawberry Shakeology that I got in my first challenge pack, I liked vanilla the least. That’s not to say that it wasn’t 100% better than all of the other vanilla protein shakes I’ve ever had, but if I had to choose I would definitely pick chocolate or strawberry first.
So, I started trying to think of ways to make the vanilla taste better, without adding a bunch of chocolate syrup to it. 🙂
After I came up with this recipe I was in love! Because it also has some cinnamon and honey in it, too, it helped with any sore throats I got in the springtime due to allergies.
Pro-Tip: Buying and eating local honey regularly helps you to prevent allergic reactions to pollen as it starts to bloom! Because bees make honey and bees are all up in that pollen
- Crushed Ice
- A little bit of Lactose Free Milk (I use about a cup of 1%)
- About half a cup of water
- Vanilla Shakeology
- 1.5 tbsp Ground Cinnamon
- Whole, Small, Sliced Honeycrisp or Gala Apple
- Organic Local Honey to taste (I would pour it in for a second or two)
- Combine all ingredients together in blender
- Blend until it’s more of a liquid consistency (you can easily slosh it around in the blender)
- Drink immediately
SO GOOD! I now officially like vanilla. And, with this shake I cut my cold time down to just that one day. It was fine by the time I got home that afternoon! Superfoods + local honey = my new go to cold remedy.
Want to try Shakeology? Email me (email@example.com) or contact me on Facebook! I’d be happy to answer any questions you might have about it! 🙂