So, I know it’s been a couple of weeks since a last published a post! I’ve planned to post something every week, BUT sometimes projects don’t go as planned and that messes up the schedule a little bit. Also, we have this problem with getting really excited about one project and putting the others on hold. Hopefully we can get a grip on that soon 🙂
I thought I’d give an update on where we are and what you can expect to see, soon! Here’s what we have going on right now:
PROJECT UNDERWAY: Back Deck Makeover
- This one got bumped up because I want it to be ready when the nice weather comes back!
- We are fixing/replacing some boards on the deck and reinforcing the structure
- Making an outdoor sectional sofa for around our fire pit
- Painting/refinishing the deck “Cape Cod Gray”
- Putting lights up
- Replacing the back door
So, there’s quite a bit more to do out there than I originally expected, but like I said, I want this one done ASAP so I can soak up the sun with my pup.
PROJECT UNDERWAY: Kitchen Island
- We’ve been working on this one forever and are alllllllmost finished
- We’ve already built the structure
- Put in the electrical
- Stained the butcher block top
- Purchased the bar stools
- Purchased the microwave
- Still need to put the doors and shelves on/in
- and paint them so that I can make the Kitchen Island blog post for you all!
PROJECT UNDERWAY: Front Door Refresh
- We started this one two weeks ago thinking we could finish in two days.
- Turns out, the previous owner really liked to repaint the front door – there were layers of black, red, purple, green, light green, and white that we ended up having to strip off.
- We’re adding some greenery
- Adding some fresh color
- Changing up the door hardware
- Adding new light figures
- and some other unique touches to warm up the entrance
- Stay tuned! Almost finished with this one, too.
Be sure to subscribe to the blog if you want to see the posts when they come out!